[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer & directfb

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Tue May 18 16:34:48 CEST 2004

> Does the directfb vo work for you with kernel 2.6?  If so, with which
> card?  I can't get any response from the users list, or IRC.  Other
> users have told me the same thing happens, and I've yet to hear of a
> Radeon card that works properly.

About directfb and kernel 2.6.x please read directfb mailing lists. There
were some discussions about it.
I personally do not have 2.6.x kernel running myself so I can't tell whats
wrong.

Simple test to determinne what is broken is to run exaple programs coming
with directfb (try them run also on overlay). If they fail it's propably
directfb fault otherwise the problem is on mplayer side.

Also test if -(no)dr switch has any effect. If Yes there is a problem in vo
directfb. In this case send me a full log please and I'll try to figure out
whats wrong...

>From the first look at images it looks like pixelformat/stride problem.

			Jirii Svoboda