[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer & directfb

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Tue May 18 11:17:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

> i want to run mplayer as slave mode and draw some graphics on video
> while playing video with a project.
> anyone tell me, is it possible with directfb? (with
> --enable-multi or not)
> or do you recommend another technic to do this?

there are several ways how to do that, depending on your hardware.
1) you can force vo_directfb to draw at specified layer and and draw your
stuff on overlay - can be slow, but no changes to mplayer are necessary
2) you can enable colorkeying in vo_directfbb2.c and draw your grasphics on
a primary surface - fast (video uses overelay), but you have to fill
priamary surface with colorkey and hack a bit mplayer sources (just few
lines - I can do that for you and incorporate it into main tree)
3) totaly hack vo_directfb2.c so you will be able to draw directly into
video surface - it is like -vf bmovl but you can use directfb acceleration -
can be harder to implement and needs more coding

			Jiri Svoboda