[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libfaad2 updates

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue May 11 14:46:42 CEST 2004

adland writes:
> > The following sample has pops at the beginning and in the middle,
> > though:
> >
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~diego/ct_nero-heaac.mp4
>
> Thanks for this issue report.
> I have found that the source of the problem was the change to common.h
> on line 367 to allow cygwin compilation. (commented out #include <math.h>).
> math.h should be included or you get the pops you mentioned when playing back
> sbr or heaac samples (with either build AFAIK - definitely linux).
>
> math.h is different in cygwin as it defines lrintf if __STRICT_ANSI__
> is undefined.
> this conflicts with a previous assembly  definition in
> common.h causing build to fail as you reported earlier.
>
> tested revision and build works in linux and pops are gone for this sbr sample.
> I cant reboot now could you test build in cygwin
> here is my suggested 2.0 patch change version to test

Pops are gone, good work!

> could you help testing cygwin?

Sure.  I tested under Cygwin, works as well.

I could not resist testing under MinGW as well, though, and noticed
another compile failure:

gcc -c -I. -I../libvo/ -I../../libvo  -g -O4 -march=pentium4 -mcpu=pentium4 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64   -o bits.o bits.c
In file included from bits.c:28:
common.h: In function `lrintf':
common.h:329: parse error before '{' token
In file included from bits.c:33:
bits.h: In function `getdword':
bits.h:115: parse error before "mov"
bits.c: In function `faad_rewindbits':
bits.c:131: parse error before "mov"
bits.c:137: parse error before "mov"
make: *** [bits.o] Error 1

Isn't portability fun? ;-)

We should probably try to send our portability fixes upstream.

Diego