[MPlayer-dev-eng] recent vidix pcidb patch

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue May 11 14:42:25 CEST 2004

Vladimir Mosgalin writes:

> DB>> Everything is OK except removing NJ part.
> DB>I noticed that, but why is it a problem?
>
> Because I guess there are a lot of R360 models too. How should variable
> for the next one be called?

ATM I think there is just one R360.  But how should the current model
be called?  I'm hesitant to give it a random name just to make it work.

You complained the entry is wrong, so how about sending a patch that
fixes it? ;-)

> DB>> If you use fglrx drivers, look
> DB>> in XFree86.0.log - there should be a line like
> DB>> (--) Chipset ATI R350 NH (R9800) found
> DB>>
> DB>> fireglcontrol also writes chip type.
> DB>
> DB>Unfortunately the machine with the Radeon 9800 XXL only has Windows XP
> DB>on it?  Do you know how I can check what the chip type is there?
>
> If ati control panel is installed, try looking under every tab in
> "advanced" window in display properties, click "details" button
> somewhere, etc. Afair pci id & chip type are displayed somewhere.

The card apparently is a Radeon 9800 XT and the chipset appears to be
an R360.

Diego