[MPlayer-dev-eng] recent vidix pcidb patch

Tue May 11 12:40:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Diego Biurrun wrote:

DB>> DB>- DEVICE_ATI_RADEON_RV350_NJ,
DB>> DB>+ DEVICE_ATI_RADEON_R360
DB>>
DB>> Everything is OK except removing NJ part.
DB>I noticed that, but why is it a problem?

Because I guess there are a lot of R360 models too. How should variable
for the next one be called?

DB>> If you use fglrx drivers, look
DB>> in XFree86.0.log - there should be a line like
DB>> (--) Chipset ATI R350 NH (R9800) found
DB>>
DB>> fireglcontrol also writes chip type.
DB>
DB>Unfortunately the machine with the Radeon 9800 XXL only has Windows XP
DB>on it?  Do you know how I can check what the chip type is there?

If ati control panel is installed, try looking under every tab in
"advanced" window in display properties, click "details" button
somewhere, etc. Afair pci id & chip type are displayed somewhere.

--

Vladimir