[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug database, What's going on?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri May 7 20:19:31 CEST 2004

On Friday, 07 May 2004 at 19:51, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > There have passed some time after this thread have started.
> > What have been done? Is somebody working on bug track data base?
>
> I've set up bugzilla including that mail support, but I haven't tested
> it. And as far as I can see it does not support that many 'states' for
> bugs as it is (e.g. there's no "fixed-untested" and a couple of others
> that Michael wanted). You can try it out at http://bugzilla.bunkus.org/
> If you want admin rights just register an account and shout.

I'd like to fix a few things, if you don't mind. ;)

> After May 15th I'll see how easy it is to extend bugzilla to be more
> close to what we need.

I've used some bugzillas (like Mozilla's and RedHat's) and they seem to be
heavily modified. I like RedHat's wizard-like bug entering form a lot.

For example, priorities could be named more informatively than just P1-5.
And there should be some instructions, what to put in "Summary" and
"Description" and some good and bad examples. Ah, I see now there's a "bug
writing guidelines" document (on how to write bugs? funny), but although
it's at the top, it didn't jump at me immediately and that's bad. I'd much
prefer the instructions to be right beside the fields they're talking
about.

Regards,
R.

--