[MPlayer-dev-eng] Flaming NUT

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed May 5 22:26:49 CEST 2004

> But does the container need to know anything about them? IMO not. The
> streaming server app can take care of it.

Ah, you mean drop frames before muxing into NUT, I see.

I guess it's not really significant, whether to design it as
[streams] -> {[muxer] -> [streaming server]} -> [user]
or
[streams] -> {[streaming server] -> [muxer] } -> [user]

Come to think of it, I can't see why you'd want to make information
about 'safe' frame dropping and such into the muxer level.

Once (if) it's completed, I guess you need new containers and such for
those that want to stream "peelable" vorbis audio and some new
"peelable" video codec, or to just "peel" before muxing.