[MPlayer-dev-eng] compile under cygwin - results

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 02:45:03 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun <diego <at> biurrun.de> writes:

> It fails to compile for me under Windows 2000 + Cygwin, though not at
> the same point it used to fail before:

I just finished a compile of latest mplayer CVS under Cygwin on windows XP box
with my libfaad sync patch.

My nasm package installed is ver 0.98.38-1
Gcc package installed is 3.3.1-3
processor AMD Athlon

Only isue I had was because I installed the freetype
font libraries and did not install the iconv packages.

After a install of this missing package and reconfigure/build it
worked

problem was in file libvo/font_load_ft.c

has
#ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE
#include <iconv.h>
#endif

maybe this needs to check also the USE_ICONV value set in configure
this is a possible issue.

thanks