[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ogm subtitles are a little weird

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Mar 29 15:52:17 CEST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 03:43:29PM +0200, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Look, if there's going to be an option to auto-select a subtitle
> > stream, it needs to be a SEPARATE option. I can't put sid=0 or sid=-1
> > or whatever in my config file and have it work properly for all
> > situations, but I could put autoogmsubs=true or something in there...
>
> I fully agree. If the stuff with -sid/-aid in ogms is fixed then it has
> to be done properly: -sid 2 should select the third text subtitle
> track etc. Not just for -sid 0. Same for -aid. If you can come up with a
> good way to extract the language from the Vorbis tags then please do
> that; having -alang/-slang available would be nice.

Agree totally. BTW I want a feature that does the following: Always
select the first audio stream that doesn't have a subtitle stream in
the same language, and always select a fixed-language subtitle stream
if available. Because of certain idiotic multilanguage files, this is
the only way I can think to get the correct audio track automatically.

Rich