[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ogm subtitles are a little weird

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Mar 29 15:43:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Look, if there's going to be an option to auto-select a subtitle
> stream, it needs to be a SEPARATE option. I can't put sid=0 or sid=-1
> or whatever in my config file and have it work properly for all
> situations, but I could put autoogmsubs=true or something in there...

I fully agree. If the stuff with -sid/-aid in ogms is fixed then it has
to be done properly: -sid 2 should select the third text subtitle
track etc. Not just for -sid 0. Same for -aid. If you can come up with a
good way to extract the language from the Vorbis tags then please do
that; having -alang/-slang available would be nice.

Mosu