[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ogm subtitles are a little weird

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon Mar 29 11:03:58 CEST 2004

    Hi, gabor!

Sometime (on Monday, March 29 at 11:32) I've received something...

>1. imho it makes things too complicated

    If you could propose another way to do the same, feel free to tell. :)

>2. why don't use -sid -1?

    Because -1 means 'no -sid switch defined' and it'll switch subs off
as for mpeg. It was argued before so let it be.

>3. even that auto-find-first-subtitle-stream stuff won't help much if
>there are more subtitle tracks....

    Of course. Only way to select it except -sid is -slang but language
isn't in stream parameters so it's a problem. Another way to find out
which language is used is to parse stream comment sinse it usually have
something like "LANGUAGE=English" in it.

>4. btw. with ogm, the same problems apply to audio, because some
>"CLEVER" anime encoders (zhentarim, are u listening) set up english as
>the default language :))

    The same as above. May be I'll find some time later to find out how
to do that parsing and implement -slang and -alang for ogm. The problem
is I don't have spare time right now. :(

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.