[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVD a/v sync

Andrew Leiserson andy at leiserson.org
Mon Mar 22 20:14:01 CET 2004

Can somebody explain the DVD sync code around line 500 of
libmpdemux/video.c?

Do people still have problems with DVD audio being ~80 ms off in
mencoder? I have been seeing it consistently in the reported numbers in
the mencoder output and somewhat in the output (although 80 ms is often
not noticeable).

I think I managed to improve the situation be replacing the big if-else
with:

if(picture_coding_type<=2 && pts) {
	sh_video->pts = pts;
}

However, I'm fairly certain this breaks playback.

Before I work any more on this I'm hoping for some "big picture"
understanding of what the code is trying to do. Pointers to
documentation or MPEG information would be useful, too.

Thanks,

 - Andy