[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: x11_common.c: it still doesn't work in fullscreen

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:59:33 CET 2004

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> Just please don't "reverse" revisions that are not the last ones
> again, it's a bad idea anyway as it creates a "hole" in the revision
> history.

I don't know how it works with mplayer, but on other projects I've worked on
we never "removed" revisions even if it *was* the last one. Doing so removes
history information from the repository that really ought to be preserved even
if it doesn't cause problems, and it seems bound to cause problems.

We always just did cvs "update -j newversion -j oldversion" then committed.
This means all the right things happen to anybody who has a checked out copy
of the old tree, namely they get told to update before committing. Also it
means there's a log of the patch being applied and reversed so people later
can see what happened.

--
greg