[MPlayer-dev-eng] KiSS of copyright

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue Mar 16 19:57:46 CET 2004

</lurk>
Hello again.

Am Dienstag, 16. März 2004 05.11 schrieb Diego Biurrun:

> IIUC they are bound by some contracts and cannot release all of their
> source.  Dunno which license wins in this case, that's something to
> ask a lawyer.  We might still force them to release parts of it.

IANAL, but I think you're wrong. KiSS never accepted the license, so you
may not enforce it. You may however, force KiSS to either accept the
license or stop using the software. But it's their choice, not yours.
Remember the case when Apple accused Microsoft of stealing their video
code? In the end, Microsoft decided to remove the infringing code
rather than paying for a license.

Thus, I think, Gabu's deal is actually a good one.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    Master of unrealistic idealism    x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \