[MPlayer-dev-eng] x11_common.c: it still doesn't work in fullscreen

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Mar 13 03:20:40 CET 2004

Gabucino writes:
 > Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
 > > The screensaver ping commit (which was 1.165, now 1.164) now contains
 > > the "reversed" aspect commit (originally 1.164).
 > Argh!! Diego recommited the reversed part too...

I did no such thing.  Please stop shouting around unfounded
accusations (again btw).

Have another look at DOCS/tech/cvs-howto.txt, especially the following
section that I committed to it some time ago:

  9. Reverting broken commits

    In case you committed something really broken and wish to undo it completely,
    you can use the 'cvs admin -o' command. Assuming that 1.123 is the latest
    version of the file and the one you want to remove

    cvs -z3 admin -o1.123 filename

    Do NOT do this unless you really know what you are doing and the version you
    are removing is the last version, e.g. there were no commits after yours.

Pay special attention to the last paragraph, I'll explain in a second
why it's there for good reason.

The 'cvs admin' command does not actually "reverse" any changes, it
just deletes entries from the revision history.  So if you delete
version 1.164 and 1.165 from the revision history 1.166 remains
completely unaffected and still contains the changes made in 1.164 and
1.165.  For the special case that the deleted revision is the last
revision "reversing" and "deleting" are the same operation.  For the
general case this is, however, not true as you have just found out the
hard way.

I have to admit that I should have realized your mistake earlier (the
diff that I committed looked somewhat fishy), but I did make very sure
that what I added back as version 1.164 was identical to the version
1.166 I removed.

So the moment that the trucks start delivering Cola to your house,
don't hesitate to call me, I'll take a bottle or two.

Yours truly

Diego