[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] segfault on Alpha in libmpdemux/demux_mov.c

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Wed Mar 3 01:57:16 CET 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Andrew A. Gill wrote:

> I'm getting a segfault on a DEC Alpha with the Sorenson codec.
>
> I've traced the issue to the following line:
>
> 	trak->chunks=realloc(trak->chunks,sizeof(mov_chunk_t)*len);

More info.  at the line directly above this one,
	trak->chunks = 0
	sizeof(mov_chunk_t) = 24
	len =  368

Now, I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the first argument of
realloc() supposed to be a pointer?  And isn't 0 not in
userspace?

Help?

--
|Andrew A. Gill                       |I posted to Silent-Tristero and|
|<superluser at frontiernet.net>         |all I got was this stupid sig! |
|Yet: <http://www.needsfoodbadly.com>                 Temporary sig: --

Uh, please?