[MPlayer-dev-eng] MythTV's nuv patch revisited...

Pigeon pigeon at pigeond.net
Tue Jun 22 23:35:03 CEST 2004

> why does mythtv produce nuv files in the first place? its a quite stupid container imho.

    In MythTV there are only two video codec used for software encoding,
rtjpeg and mpeg4. You might use rtjpeg for live tv playback or recording
if it's on a slow machine, or you want to lower the system load. And
that's probably one of the reasons why it used nuv + rtjpeg.

    MythTV's nuv is a modified version of nuv. I haven't looked into it
that closely yet, but afaik MythTV stores extra information in the nuv,
like tv teletext subtitles and commericals flag.

> well sure. i can fix the demuxer if you give me some data on the nuv format and some sample files.
>
> about the previous patch ill test and check it later.

    That will be cool, thanks a lot. I'll prepare some sample and
information later.

Pigeon.