[MPlayer-dev-eng] Ac3 streams detected as LPCM or SPU in TS

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 16 21:20:32 CEST 2004

MichaelM wrote:

> Coolness!
> I've tested the patch with as many ac3 streams I have available. With
> a tsprobe parameter of 50000000, the ac3 streams are detected, and
> played back.
>
> I have encountered numerous sync issues, but at the moment I'll assume
> its my computers fault. Most of the sync issues are gone when I
> capture the stream to disk and then playback.
> There are a few a52 crc errors, like so:
>   a52: CRC check failed!   -0.054 ct: -0.348  727/727  27% 33%  3.3% 0
> 0   0%
>   a52: error at resampling
>
> Also, occasionally this error occurs, during which video slows down,
> and then audio playback ceases, with video resuming:
>   Too many video packets in the buffer: (11 in 8432596 bytes).
>   Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec
> failed?
>   For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
>
> Again, most of these errors may be my systems fault (Athlon XP 2.3GHz,
> with a radeon9500, using the xfree86 drivers).
>
> BTW, I haven't  really played around with the tsprobe parameter, so
> its likely that a smaller value will work. 50000000 works, but it is
> somewhat slow.

This second patch should work faster and in 100% of cases: now it
searches at least 3 AC3 syncwords
in PES_PRIVATE1 streams collecting data while probing (not in a second
phase).
Keep into account that audio packets are very infrequent in HD content,
so in the case
of channel9hdtv.ts I had to use -tsprobe 7000000 to find enough data to
parse.

If this patch is OK I will commit this week-end, so keep me informed,
please.

P.S. I forgot to tell you that if you want the PAT and PMT  without waiting
for my changes to the dvb code you can already do it now:
just replace one of the pids in your channels file with 8192; (demuxing
will be slower, though).

        Nico