[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: will there be further development formatroxg450 cards?

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Fri Jun 4 09:48:17 CEST 2004

> > after a few days of researching the topic i figured, that only the g400
has
> > proper tv-out support and that there is no way to get around the
> > unaccelerated fb1 with the 450. i'd be happy if you'd correct me on this
one
> > ;)
>
> The way you get around it is the same as on the g400: don't use it!
> Instead use the accelerated fb0 and map it to the tv.

how? - following this guide
(http://www.bglug.ca/matrox_tvout/g450_tvout_howto.html) i get a picture on
fb1 and it looks terrible :(
i googled a lot and found noone to have a better solution. if there is any,
please point me to it.

> > what i actually read was that matrox had once given out specs for the
g400
> > and so tv-out became possible with that card, but the g450 works a bit
> > different internally and matrox all of a sudden refused to help with
specs
> > for that card.
>
> This is basically true but I don't think it matters for our particular
> situation. However I've never used a g450 so I can't be sure.

sorry, i don't get your point. why shouldn't it matter, if the g450 can't do
proper tv-out?

> > > BTW this belongs on -users, not -dev-eng.
> >
> > my question was about further development so i want to ask the
developers
> > not the users.
>
> Huh?

well, as i wrote: i found the g450 to be unusuable at this point for the
stated reasons and i wanted to find out, if there might be any development
going on, especially since this is the card one gets when going to a store
for a matrox card atm. i doubt anyone on the users list will know..
well, anyway, i'll ask again in the users list, maybe someone does come up
with a solution..