[MPlayer-dev-eng] -Wall

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Fri Jun 4 03:40:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

I noticed -Wall was not on the generated cc flags.  I tested with it on
and I can see there are lots of warnings.  Is there a reason warnings
are not being displayed atm?  Looking through the warnings text there
are many potential issues the compiler is warning out, here are a few
examples:

motion_est.c:178: warning: `uvdxy' might be used uninitialized in this
function

outputpin.c: In function `CEnumMediaTypesCreate':
outputpin.c:116: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
outputpin.c:117: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

m_option.c: In function `parse_obj_settings_list':
m_option.c:1400: warning: unknown conversion type character `$' in format

Many of them are obvious, so I can submit a patch to revise that code if
that would be supported.  I think having -Wall on the default compiler
flags would be best IMHO.

Regards

JG