[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: --enable-svga

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue Jan 20 02:34:49 CET 2004

* Alban Bedel <albeu at free.fr> [2003-12-31 12:54:04 +0100]:

<snip>
> It may sound harsh but i think it's right so. Don't change the
> fucking configure !!!! How it work now is nice and clean. We all
Okay, then why not building a new additional one ?

<snip>
> hate to hand edit buggy autodetect stuff, so don't do that.
> Plus there is no point i wasting hours in such big changes that would
> most probably lead to some bugs in configure at first, wich again waste
> time, bw, etc ....
These _is_ a point!
Completely automated builds for complex environments.
Automated distribution management.

I'd turn your question around: there is no point for wasting hours
for reading ./configure --help output and caring about possible
dependencies by hand each time of installing ?

As I've already said: this job could be nealy 100% automated.
It just requires a very little help of the developers.

<snip>
> Most probably bcs they don't want to waste time in such discussion as
> they know what will happend to configure: NOTHING !!! Just more crap
> on the list :(
man 5 procmailrc

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481