[MPlayer-dev-eng] VCD support for Darwin

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 19 11:04:08 CET 2004

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:10:04 +0000
Shan <sweber at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> I just thought I'd ask if anyone has thought of using the VLC project
> as a reference for including some things like VCD, CoreAudio resampling
> and CoreGraphics support under OSX and in terms of the IOKit and audio
> for Darwin?

I'm sorry, but i dont think anyone of the core developers has
the time to do this. Although it's shouldn't be too hard.
Beside, afaik noone has a Mac to test it.

> I could but it would take me longer to fully workout how to integrate
> the patches into mplayer due to being new to both projects.

And where is the problem ? Just try, read the code, write a patch,
send it here, read the comments, rework it, send again.
I'm sure you'll learn quite a bit.
(make sure to read DOCS/tech/patches.txt before you send a patch)

> And on a completely different topic, which c file(s) contains the raw
> YUY2 codec specifics as I would like to add the QuickTime and mac vdig
> yuv2 (aka yuvu) planar format which is basically the same except for
> yuv2 values using a non-CCIR range and the CbCr components using signed
> values.

Hmm... that's either a file in libmpcodecs or in libavcodec.

				Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu