[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Mon Jan 19 10:20:54 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> MPlayer doesn't even have OSX display code. Maybe SDL uses
> "QuickTime", but that's still misleading since QuickTime (the nasty
> codec framework) and "QuickTime" (the overlay api) have nothing in
> common except the name.

(sigh)

<http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/>

> Lately OSX users have been so rude and annoying that I think maybe we
> should just omit OSX support entirely in G2 (we're removing SDL anyway
> so we'd have to add our own "QuickTime" support if we wanted it...).

Huh ? Maybe we're annoying *you*, but the "OSX users" most
definitely didn't start the rudeness and flames. And I
wonder, do you really think the the two people that tried
to explain their ideas to you are all the "OSX users" out
there ?

It's your code (well, part of it is), and you can do whatever
you want with it. This doesn't include being rude and
insulting to other people, even if it happens they don't
share you opinions.

And in that particular case, the original message was only
a guy asking a question about doing someting. You answer
he can't do it for legal reason, fine, it's you call The
flames and insults are uncalled for.

--
Romain Dolbeau