[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage (Modifié par Jérôme Cornet)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Jan 18 21:36:37 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:13:07PM +0100, Jérôme Cornet wrote:
> Le 17 janv. 2004, à 1:38, D Richard Felker III a écrit :
> >
> >Note the comment about sharing a common address space: "If modules are
> >designed to run linked together in a shared address space, that almost
> >surely means combining them into one program." If you make a demuxer
> >communicate back and forth with QuickTime without a common address
> >space, using pipes, it will be quite slow. :) Increase that 100-fold
> >for codecs...
>
> From what I have heard from you, you don't know especially QuickTime so
> don't talk about things you don't know. Now, i don't think it is
> necessary to post with

I don't need to know QuickTime, that's the whole point. I just need to
know the GPL, and I do.

> this topic since an intelligent friend of you replied and closed the
> topic.

Apparently you were too stupid to RTFM the GPL FAQ yourself so you had
to have someone tell you to do it.

> >Also note the comment about complex data structures. IMO demuxer
> >packets are a rather complex data structure, at least the way they're
> >implemented in libmpdemux. I sure find it complex, and I've been
> >working with the code for 2 years now.
>
> Yes maybe. I think you can stop the troll now? I've got my answer.

One does not troll a list for a project on which one is a developer. I
think you have the roles reversed. Now please get lost if you're going
to keep the attitude.

Rich