[MPlayer-dev-eng] (no subject)

Michael Hess michael.hess at student.fh-reutlingen.de
Thu Jan 8 11:43:36 CET 2004

Hi Adam,

I am using jpg because I can not move 1.5 MB * 23.98 Frames/s on my hard
disk... Sorry, the pc here is fast, but not that fast, and the ram disk of
750MB) is also full very fast.. this is why I am storing it as a jpg..
I will try to use quality=95 but I do not think, this will change very
much...

I will try to store the stream on the disk and play it from the disk and
see, if this makes any difference!

thanks for your help so far,

Michael Hess

Quoting Michael Hess (michael.hess at student.fh-reutlingen.de):
> when I play a file directly from the disk
> mplayer -noascpect -fps 23.98 -vo jpeg -jpeg
> noprogressive:optimize=0:smooth=0:quality=100 test.mp4

Why are you using quality=100? The libjpeg documentation itself says the
maximum useful quality setting is 95. If it's lossless compression you want,
use a lossless format (ie. png)!

> When I play the file as a stream (streamed with Darwin 5.0 on a other PC)
> with
> mplayer -noascpect -fps 23.98 -vo jpeg -jpeg
> noprogressive:optimize=0:smooth=0:quality=100 rtsp://192.168.2.11/test.mp4

Have you verified that what you get back from the rtsp server is the same as
the file you have on disk? -dumpstream should help you there.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England