[MPlayer-dev-eng] different brightness

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 7 21:07:35 CET 2004

Quoting Michael Hess (michael.hess at student.fh-reutlingen.de):
> when I play a file directly from the disk
> mplayer -noascpect -fps 23.98 -vo jpeg -jpeg
> noprogressive:optimize=0:smooth=0:quality=100 test.mp4

Why are you using quality=100? The libjpeg documentation itself says the
maximum useful quality setting is 95. If it's lossless compression you want,
use a lossless format (ie. png)!

> When I play the file as a stream (streamed with Darwin 5.0 on a other PC)
> with
> mplayer -noascpect -fps 23.98 -vo jpeg -jpeg
> noprogressive:optimize=0:smooth=0:quality=100 rtsp://192.168.2.11/test.mp4

Have you verified that what you get back from the rtsp server is the same as
the file you have on disk? -dumpstream should help you there.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England