[MPlayer-dev-eng] nvidia_vid YV12 support

Dmitry Baryshkov mitya at school.ioffe.ru
Fri Jan 2 22:39:08 CET 2004

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 08:52:46AM +0100, Joachim Breuer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> mitya at school.ioffe.ru (Dmitry Baryshkov) writes:
>
> > IIUC, current X11 CVS contains two drivers: one for DMA blits,
> > supporting YV12 (haven't tested yet) and one NV10+ only,
> > which doesn't use blits. BTW: Also, there is overlay driver in DirectFB,
> > but it uses same registers, as X11, so I suppose it's NV10+ only, and I
> > dunno, if (and how) it works.
>
> I've had a look at current X11 CVS drivers/nv, and it looks as if some
> DMA acrobatics can now be performed by nv_video.c, but the brute of
> the work (packing the YV12) apparently still happens on the host CPU
> using NVCopyData420().

I rechecked DirectFB & X11 drivers. I'm sorry, I misunderstood their
claiming of YV12 supporting :( Both of them support it via CopyData420
:(

BTW: how effective are convertors, that are used curently? I mean, that
NVCopyData420 looks much simplier, than yuvPlanartoyuy2. I'm looking
into it, but I don't understand if it is used only for conversion or for
conversion & scaling/interpolation?

> The DMA blits are - apparently - mainly used for VSync synchronization.
>
> Is there a different driver than the one I'm looking at?

Seems, that no :(
BTW: does anybody have a copy of old nVidia nvOSDK/nvSDK? I tried to
find it in Web, but failed.
Another good reason fot repairing my old HDD with a copy of SDK :)

--
With best wishes
Dmitry Baryshkov