[MPlayer-dev-eng] nvidia_vid YV12 support

Joachim Breuer jmbreuer at gmx.net
Fri Jan 2 08:52:46 CET 2004

Hello!

mitya at school.ioffe.ru (Dmitry Baryshkov) writes:

> IIUC, current X11 CVS contains two drivers: one for DMA blits,
> supporting YV12 (haven't tested yet) and one NV10+ only,
> which doesn't use blits. BTW: Also, there is overlay driver in DirectFB,
> but it uses same registers, as X11, so I suppose it's NV10+ only, and I
> dunno, if (and how) it works.

I've had a look at current X11 CVS drivers/nv, and it looks as if some
DMA acrobatics can now be performed by nv_video.c, but the brute of
the work (packing the YV12) apparently still happens on the host CPU
using NVCopyData420().

The DMA blits are - apparently - mainly used for VSync synchronization.

Is there a different driver than the one I'm looking at?

Thanks!

So long,
   Joe

--
"I use emacs, which might be thought of as a thermonuclear
 word processor."