[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer G2

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sat Feb 21 00:50:14 CET 2004

* D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> [2004-02-19 23:16:30 -0500]:

<snip>
> I'd recommend not. You'll laugh at their naive discussions... Like we
> do on #mplayerdev... :)
What exactly is naive there ?

<snip>
> > this project aims to develop a general purpose media processing api,
> > which can be used by a wide range of multimedia related applications
> > like video mplayers, realtime processing (asterisk?), ...
>
> Realtime? ROTFL! Maybe with a Beowulf cluster of multi-GHz machines...
> ;)
At least realtime audio is not such a problem ...

<snip>
> > I'd like to see mplayer-g2 and media-api go together someday.
> > (@rich: please no flamewar against matroska ;-))
>
> Never. One is developed by bumbling idiots trying to force their
> windows-centric C++/Java/XML/[insert your favorite CS toy here]

Aehm, did you ever read anything on the media-api list ?!
We neither want to use C++, nor java or xml.

But you're too busy with hating projects which're not yours to be
able to recognize this.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481