[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer name change

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Feb 20 01:28:52 CET 2004

* Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> [2004-01-22 01:10:49 +0100]:

<snip>
> Or just "The" ? Say like "MPlayer, the" :)

hmm, why not mplayer="media player" instead of "movie player" ?

> Anyway i can't see why should we change its name at all.
> What's the problem with the current one?
> Long? Why? Use only "MPlayer" if you want short.
> Linux? Why? Our only primary target is still linux.
> All others - including bsd - are only ports.
> So, i'm against name change.

ACK.
Changing a widely established name isn't a good idea.

BUT: I'd be happy if the archive- and directory-name in the source
tarball would be renamed to lowercase letters. IMHO its a little
bit confusing ... okay, okay, it doesn't really matter.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481