[MPlayer-dev-eng] avi2mpg script using mplayer/mencoder

VMiklos mamajom at axelero.hu
Fri Feb 13 23:07:01 CET 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Svante Signell wrote:

> The script is a rewrite of the divx2svcd script, avoiding the problem to
> patch mencoder for an .avi container intermediate file. Instead I try to

imho the purpose of divx2svcd and avi2mpg is different.

svcd has only 2 channels, but i have to split the video to cd-sized files

(i patched mplayer because of the splitting problem)

and you create mpgs with 6 channels (divx2svcd doesn't care about it)

> 6.  Do you recommend a 2-pass encoding?

imho you can use  2-pass encoding with libavc's mpeg4 codec

greetings

---
       __________     VMiklos / FapadOS & EL Team
  ____/__/___|___\__. E-mail: mamajom at axelero dot hu
O__O  _ |   |   _  |  Homepage: http://www.vmiklos.tk
'--`-(_)'---'--(_)-'  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03915096