[MPlayer-dev-eng] Why is the mplayer-1.0pre3-dumpvideo.diff patch not applied?

VMiklos mamajom at axelero.hu
Mon Feb 9 18:07:51 CET 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> > > Alex already rejected it two times, because it improves a feature in
> > > mplayer that should move to mencoder in future (-dump* -> -of dump)
> Btw, this patch is not about improving but removing a feature...

agree ;-)

> I proposed an mdump or something, but not adding such useless feature
> hiearchy to mplayer/mencoder

originally the dumped streams are not standard and aren't pharsable by
other applications. (mplex, tcmplex and others)
this patch fixes this bug

> > > But I would be happy if it would be applied ;-)
> > Agree, if it's not broken. I haven't read it myself.
> Don't apply this patch as that size field is needed when using the
> output. You know, some devs use dumps for reverse engineering and such.

if you apply, mplex, and others can pharse the streams.
will anything be broken with this patch?

greetings

---
       __________     VMiklos / FapadOS & EL Team
  ____/__/___|___\__. E-mail: mainroot at freemail dot hu
O__O  _ |   |   _  |  Homepage: http://www.vmiklos.tk
'--`-(_)'---'--(_)-'  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03915096