[MPlayer-dev-eng] Why is the mplayer-1.0pre3-dumpvideo.diff patch not applied?

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Mon Feb 9 09:29:37 CET 2004

Hi,

> > > Anyone knows why the mplayer-1.0pre3-dumpvideo.diff patch is not
> > > applied?
> >
> > Alex already rejected it two times, because it improves a feature in
> > mplayer that should move to mencoder in future (-dump* -> -of dump)
Btw, this patch is not about improving but removing a feature...

> IMO this is nonsense. m_encoder_ is an encoder, not a dumper, and
> dumping does not go at all with its functionality. "dump" is not
> an "output format" in the current meaning of output formats fore
> mencoder.
I proposed an mdump or something, but not adding such useless feature
hiearchy to mplayer/mencoder

> > But I would be happy if it would be applied ;-)
>
> Agree, if it's not broken. I haven't read it myself.
Don't apply this patch as that size field is needed when using the
output. You know, some devs use dumps for reverse engineering and such.

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)