[MPlayer-dev-eng] wmv9dmod.dll load failure: bug report + patch

Thu Feb 5 13:13:09 CET 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Alex Eskin wrote:

AE>Could the problem have something to do with prelink?

It is possible. First, try turning off prelink - there was some way to
do this for single application. Second, with some security patches
allowing execution in stack area may be needed, since kernel disallows
it unless it is explictly requested, and this is needed for some windows
dlls in mplayer.

To do this, get a program called 'chstk'. It's in kernel-utils package
in my distribution (asp9), but I guess it should present in fedora, or
use rpmfind to locate it. Then, run /usr/sbin/chstk -e /usr/bin/mplayer
and tell if the problem will go away.

--

Vladimir