[MPlayer-dev-eng] wmv9dmod.dll load failure: bug report + patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 5 10:14:27 CET 2004

Hi,

> I was able to track down the problem somewhat.
> wmv9dmod.dll wants to be loaded at
> 0x400000, but the mplayer process has another
> mapping there (according to pmap). In this
> situation, the correct thing to do would be
> to relocate the dll, but instead pe_image.c
> loads it at 0x400000.  mplayer crashes
> soon afterwards (with a nonsensical backtrace).

I guess you have some tricky kernel security patches applied?
Normally every libs (starting with ld-linux.so.2 and glibc)
are loaded from 0x40000000.

It was an old issue with l3codeca.acm, which also loaded at
low addresses, and so conflicted with some security patches
which forced libs to be loaded at 0x00xxxxxx addresses.

I wonder if you patch solves the problem correctly, as
afaik loader's relocation code is broken to hell, and
some PE formats arent even implemented there.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu