[MPlayer-dev-eng] Posting rules in web page / welcome message

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 12:06:02 CET 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:41:54 +0100, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> Instead we should direct everyone who's requesting a wiki to the
> current documentation and the documentation team. If something
> is not clear in the docu (ie not written, wrong place, unclear language,
> to complicated, etc pp) then it should be fixed right there instead
> of patched with a wiki.

That makes perfect sense, and ideally this is the way to go, but how
many "Joe users" have the courage to send patches when something is
wrong/unclear in the doc?
I guess that's where a wiki could make contributions easier. That's
just a guess, though, as I've never used them...

Regards,  && Merry Christmas ;-)