[MPlayer-dev-eng] Posting rules in web page / welcome message

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Dec 24 11:41:54 CET 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:36:14 -0500
"compn" <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> some people in #mplayer want an mplayer wiki, any plans for that? or just
> let anyone make a wiki then link to it like bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu ?

I'm against it. Not because it's a bad idea, but it would distribute
the documentation even further. I have many users here complaining
that they cannot find what they are looking for because the docu
is so huge. Having two different places to look at would make the problem
even worse.

Beside, wikis need to be moderated by people who know about MPlayer
a lot, ie developers or very advanced users. Otherwise it will just
fill up with wrong hints and tips someone came up with.

Instead we should direct everyone who's requesting a wiki to the
current documentation and the documentation team. If something
is not clear in the docu (ie not written, wrong place, unclear language,
to complicated, etc pp) then it should be fixed right there instead
of patched with a wiki.

				Attila Kinali
--
All christians are terrorists.