[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question about MPlayer enhancement - maybe already done?

Rob Shortt rob at infointeractive.com
Mon Dec 13 21:22:02 CET 2004

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>>- possible approaches (from our point of view, any input welcome ;-):
>>    - add dynamic (Logo, wheather forecast etc.) stuff as a menu(-like) layer
>

> Sounds like you would be interested in the bmovl or bmovl2 filter
> (bmovl2 is here:
> http://projects.sault.org/mebox/downloads/patches/mplayer-bmovl2-2004-08-17.patch).

I immediately thought of bmovl2 as well.

> But from what I can see it does not yet support colour.

Yes, it does.  Freevo CVS uses mevas for its display and supports output
to bmovl2, full colour, etc.  The page for mevas / bmovl2 is here:
http://projects.sault.org/mebox/canvas.php

Jason Tackaberry also wrote a bmovl2 vo plugin for mplayer that writes
to another mplayer instance's overlay, for picture-in-picture stuff.

I'm not sure if those patches will still apply to mplayer CVS.

-Rob