[MPlayer-dev-eng] kerneltwosix.h crap

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Dec 3 16:55:21 CET 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 08:51:31AM +0200, ismail dönmez wrote:
> Its a piece of crap written by me to fix compilation of vo_fbdev{2}.c
> with 2.6.x kernels. Thank you for your kind words. Its still working
> for me on Debian Sid but I don't care as I use Debian's kernel headers
> myself now.

can you tell me if it's still needed for 2.6 kernels? imo it's not.
it's definitely _incorrect_ to #define __KERNEL__ in non-kernel code,
and this is why it's breaking for lots of users now, but i'm aware
that it was to workaround buggy fbdev kernel headers that failed to
define the proper structs/constants/whatever when __KERNEL__ was not
defined.

anyway, is it still needed? i'd be happy to add #if KERNEL_VERSION ...
stuff around it rather than removing it entirely if you can tell me
what versions need this hack.

rich