[MPlayer-dev-eng] Series of mplayer crashes

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Tue Aug 31 23:53:39 CEST 2004

Dermot McGahon wrote:

> Resending without attachments. Attachments at:
>
> http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/mplayer_31082004/
>

> Hello,
>
> I'm having a lot of instability problems with mplayer playing
> rtsp/udp streamed content. The additions to allow for rtsp/udp
> are largely in libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp and within LIVE.COM
> itself and are not the cause of these problems. It could be
> that they are showing up underlying instabilities/design
> problems which have not come to the surface before.
>
> The content plays fine from hard drive.
>
> I have moved from a PIII 700 which previously was playing this
> rtsp/udp in a fairly stable manner, to a VIA Nehemia (1Ghz)
> mini-itx board.
>
> I'm having problems with both XV and X11. With both mpeg12 and
> ffmpeg12.
>
> VLC is playing multicast streamed content perfectly on the
> same hardware with xv output so I don't think that this
> is either a video driver or X/xvideo driver problem.
>
> I have attached logs, some with verbose (which effects the
> tests somewhat) and some gdb backtraces.
>
> It will be difficult to reproduce this problem unless you
> have a streaming server capable of serving raw udp streams.
>
> I will run any tests needed to track down this problem.
>

> Dermot.
> --

Hi,
first you should make sure that the decoders are receiving the right
data, so
if you dump audio and video separately with:

mplayer -dumpvideo -dumpfile video.m2v <STREAM>
mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.mp2 <STREAM>

and play them what happens?
Are the two streams identical to the original file demuxed?

        Nico