[MPlayer-dev-eng] Series of mplayer crashes

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Tue Aug 31 17:38:52 CEST 2004

Resending without attachments. Attachments at:

http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/mplayer_31082004/

Hello,

I'm having a lot of instability problems with mplayer playing
rtsp/udp streamed content. The additions to allow for rtsp/udp
are largely in libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp and within LIVE.COM
itself and are not the cause of these problems. It could be
that they are showing up underlying instabilities/design
problems which have not come to the surface before.

The content plays fine from hard drive.

I have moved from a PIII 700 which previously was playing this
rtsp/udp in a fairly stable manner, to a VIA Nehemia (1Ghz)
mini-itx board.

I'm having problems with both XV and X11. With both mpeg12 and
ffmpeg12.

VLC is playing multicast streamed content perfectly on the
same hardware with xv output so I don't think that this
is either a video driver or X/xvideo driver problem.

I have attached logs, some with verbose (which effects the
tests somewhat) and some gdb backtraces.

It will be difficult to reproduce this problem unless you
have a streaming server capable of serving raw udp streams.

I will run any tests needed to track down this problem.

Dermot.