[MPlayer-dev-eng] Help need. accelerated audio output

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Aug 28 00:43:28 CEST 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 14:25, Kenny (Constantine Shulyupin) wrote:
> Hi friends!
>
> How to add accelerated audio output?
>
> It looks need to make changes  in libmpcodecs/ad_mp3lib.c to call
> demux_read_data instead MP3_DecodeFrame. Are there more correct way?

Probably, but I'm not really sure what you want to do exactly. I assume you
want to write a plugin to use the hardware decoding  features of the sigma
designs chip? I don't know how it is working but if it only needs to get the
raw mp3 frame and then plays  it directly, you probably only want to write
an ao_*.c file that can work with raw mp3 frames and write a passthrough
audio decoder like it is done for ad_hwac3.c.

Sascha