[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Low latency audio enhancements

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Tue Aug 24 23:50:47 CEST 2004

Ed Wildgoose said:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>>Ed Wildgoose writes:
>>
>>>If there is any other audio stuff that you want me to look at while
>>>I am in here, then happy to do so.
>>
>>C'mon people, throw your wishes at Ed..
>>
> I do wishes, but only if the changes get committed!!  Can someone please
> commit this change or at least tell me what's wrong?!

What's wrong? I think that the problem is that it is vacation time
and nobody that understands the changes is around.

Changing syncronization code is at least tricky.
For example if I understand your work right, you decrease the
time mplayer will sleep. But on 2.4.x kernels (without RTC hack)
you cannot sleep for less than 20ms (schedular). This may mean that
your code may lead to :
a) bigger a-v error and jurkness
b) higher CPU usage because mplayer will avoid sleeping.

Well b) is acceptable, but a) is not!

One more question. What is this suposed to do:
>-	if(delay>0.25) delay=0.25; else
>-	if(delay<0.10) delay=0.10;
>+	if(delay>0.25) delay=0.25;

At least removing min check value looks...
troblesome.

Wish You Best
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive

P.S.
 I'm not very aware of audio stuff.
And I am afraid there is no mainteiner of audio system.
I wonder do you want that job?