[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Low latency audio enhancements

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Aug 24 13:19:38 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:

>Ed Wildgoose writes:
>

>>If there is any other audio stuff that you want me to look at while
>>I am in here, then happy to do so.
>>

>C'mon people, throw your wishes at Ed..

I do wishes, but only if the changes get committed!!  Can someone please
commit this change or at least tell me what's wrong?!

However, yes, while I have the code open, please let me know if there is
anything that needs checking out.  I'm getting fairly good at audio
stuff right now...  The goal is to use the PC to do all hifi duties in
my place - this will involve a fairly serious multichannel setup with a
sub going down to into single figures at reference levels (wear a nappy
when you come to visit), and digital room correction curtesy of DRC and
Brutefir.

If anyone is interested in Hifi then I thoroughly recommend checking out
DRC it works magic really and basically measures whats wrong with your
kit and produces a compensating filter...  I just need to finish
programming up integration with all my programs though - I have some
unreleased Jack code for Mythtv, and I need to do the same with
multichannel output for mplayer.

Thanks for listening

Ed W