[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdha rewrite

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Aug 22 17:04:41 CEST 2004

> > It would also be nice to have some private context and a possibility to
> > have combined drivers that do portio and mmap. That would be helpfull for
> > windows and svgalib helper and kernelhelpers for linux, too.
>
> Those drivers are done in such way :)
> I'll merge io_win32 with dha2_windha and post updates later.
>
> BTW: What needs to be done on Win9x to allow direct portio? Can I
> assume, that start_port_access could be as simple as
> {
> 	if (IsWinNT())
> 	{
> 		fprintf(stderr, "Please install dhahelper.\n");
> 		return 1;
> 	}
> 	else
> 		return 0;
> }

Yes, there is nothing todo. Portio is always possible. But you need to enable
portio with the dhahelper for nt/xp.

> > Another not so nice thing is the duplication of the IsNT function.
>
> OK. I'll move it to core.
>
> > After all vidix on windows is just a big hack and I wonder if it
> > shouldn't be disabled at all, because most cards have working and fast
> > directx drivers.
>
> Yes. But last time I used windows for video(two years or so ago),
> there were some frequency limitations for working DirectX overlay
> (nVidia Vanta). Dunno if this was problem of card, drivers or DirectX,
> but I couldn't get working overlay with 85Hz vsync. I think there is no
> such limit with VIDIX :)

It is the limitation of the nvidia overlay driver. I can't get it to work with
riva128 either. Switching to 800x600 or using nvidia_vid works.
But without yv12 support it is not much of a help here.

Sascha