[MPlayer-dev-eng] FreeBSD patches review

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Aug 9 22:20:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

>>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/multimedia/mplayer/files/patch-libao2-ao_arts.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain
>>
>>This one has already been discussed here, AFAIR. It won't be applied, the
>>bug is supposedly in arts.
>
> Knowing how responsive KDE is about bugreports, wouldn't it be reasonable
> to implement similar workaround as in FreeBSD, to avoid genuine segfault?

As the maintainer. Too bad there is none :-(. But if it isn't our bug we
shouldn't work around it. That is my opinion and I think this is also
our policy around here. But maybe someone can make sure they actually
have a bugreport about this? I can't as I don't use KDE, and certainly
not arts ;-) ...
And also, maybe it was fixed a long time ago and the FreeBSD maintainer
just didn't notice?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger