[MPlayer-dev-eng] Call for audio experts

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 29 20:31:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

> not really something you need to be an audio expert for...

I obviously underestimated the problem a bit...

>> just uploaded a 96khz 24bit wave sample, anyone able to make correct
>> converters in af_format?
>
> I attached a quick hack for it. Ugly, mostly untested and probably slow.
> Maybe somebody else can clean it up a bit.
> At least your sample works for me with it...

I improved my patch (towards readability, not speed). But I implemented
the signed/unsigned conversion and now your sample file doesn't play
anymore, because it is incorrectly detected as using unsigned format.
The detection routine seems correct to me as in the WAV-header the
"signed"-flag isn't set. Now the question is: are there any unsigned 24
bit wavs?
I could really need a sample...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger