[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug database

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Apr 27 13:43:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

> > It's not public
> > (enough).
> cronjob which converts it to some nice html ...

But only devels with CVS access can change it. The advantage of a
'proper' BTS is that the user reporting the bug can add information,
attach test cases, whatever with it.

> iam happy with most systems, and i agree that the "current" mailing list based
> one is a bad idea, but the crap SF uses for example is far worse IMHO

agreed :)

> so IMHO, a bugtracking system should at minimum support:
> * sending email notifications of new bugs & changes

Every 'serious' BTS can do that, IMHO, but I'm no expert.

> * a fast pure textmode interface, no shitty html only system

I have no idea how BTS handle this, but I agree that a text mode
interface is needed.

> * internaly data must be stored in a simple format so we could change to a
> different system by just converting the data with a short script

Even if it's stored in a SQL database it's not THAT hard to convert
stuff with a small Perl script...

> * has at least following states: unconfirmed, confirmed, analyzed, fixed,
> wont-fix, invalid, not-reproduceable, fixed-untested
> * some priority field

Most have these and/or are extensible.

Mosu