[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug database

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Apr 27 13:36:44 CEST 2004

Hi

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 11:46, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> why just a plain text file?
why not?

> It won't be used.
maybe

> It's not public
> (enough).
cronjob which converts it to some nice html ...

> It's error prone.
write a tiny script to check it for validity

> It makes following the bug's life
> harder.
cvslog

> Why not use a full-featured bug system? It doesn't have to be
> Bugzilla, there are others that work quite well and are smaller
> (e.g. Anthill).
iam happy with most systems, and i agree that the "current" mailing list based
one is a bad idea, but the crap SF uses for example is far worse IMHO

so IMHO, a bugtracking system should at minimum support:
* sending email notifications of new bugs & changes
* a fast pure textmode interface, no shitty html only system
* internaly data must be stored in a simple format so we could change to a
different system by just converting the data with a short script
* has at least following states: unconfirmed, confirmed, analyzed, fixed,
wont-fix, invalid, not-reproduceable, fixed-untested
* some priority field

[...]
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)