[MPlayer-dev-eng] Apparently unsupported subtitles as well in those streams

Curtis Magyar cumagyar at mts.net
Tue Apr 27 03:55:44 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 17:12 -0500, Curtis Magyar wrote:

> So, if anyone does need a sample file for this feature, they can find
> one there. (This is for chapter 1 at least, maybe others I don't know)

Hi self.  ;)

I received this mail from Giacomo Comes, that I was requested to forward
on to this list:

------------------------

Hi,
I read your message in mplayer dev list
(http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2004-April/025708.html).
I downloaded in the past the stream you mention. Not straightforward but
quite simple to do.

By the way I found that there are available also closed caption
(subtitles).

Example:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mars/media2/nova_mars_3101c01_caps.mov

MPlayer doesn't support them directly. It would be nice to implement
such a feature or to have a program that can convert them to a format
that MPlayer understand.

I'm writing to you in case you can post my request to the list.
I have tried in the past to post something but without success.
(I'm not subscribed to the list).

That's it.

Thanks.

Giacomo